Enchanted Illusions Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To 'Roll' Clips [Vegas]

3 posters

Go down

How To 'Roll' Clips [Vegas] Empty How To 'Roll' Clips [Vegas]

Post by RawrCarrotCake Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 am

Okay this is going to be hard to explain but I'm hoping the majority of people will click onto what Im asking.

There was a really good tut for this up on youtube but it seems to have been taken down and I hadn't had a chance to try it out.

But what I'm looking to do is 'Roll' Clips basically have more than one clip of difference scenes roll kinda like a film... most people do this using a film strip image...

Im hoping I explained what I want to be done well enough and Im hoping someone knows how to x]
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake
Enchanted Illusions Owner

Female Scorpio Horse

https://www.youtube.com/user/RawrCarrotCake

Back to top Go down

How To 'Roll' Clips [Vegas] Empty Re: How To 'Roll' Clips [Vegas]

Post by SapphireChaos Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:36 am

Hm....well, I for one, never have done this. Though, I'd suggest that you make at least five tracks. Put the clip you want on four of the tracks. Make sure they are about the same length. Then put the film strip ontop of all of them on the first track . Make the flimstrip transparent so you can see what you're doing on the other tracks. Use track motion to mess around with the settings. Make sure it's the same ont he other tracks except for position to make them aligned. Do the key-framing to make each clip move towarda direction and have the film strip move and wala? That's my guess on it
SapphireChaos
SapphireChaos
Enchanted Illusions Member

Female Posts : 28
Quote : Scrubs (:D), Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiff Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:06 am

Something I do in Adobe which could probably be replicated is take an extremely long chunk of whatever you're editing with, and speed it up so much that it looks like clips are flickering... but that only works with really fast film rolls. If you want a slower one, you gotta do it manually.
Smiff
Smiff
Enchanted Illusions Member

Female Libra Monkey
Quote : "I don't want to change the world, I just want to leave it colder..."

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSmiffDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down