Enchanted Illusions Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country Restrications on Youtube going too far?

3 posters

Go down

Country Restrications on Youtube going too far? Empty Country Restrications on Youtube going too far?

Post by RawrCarrotCake Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:52 am

I feel that youtube is taking its restrications too far but what really cracks me up is this:

The Script are a UK only band and have their own YouTube site but surprisingly some their videos aren't avaliable in the UK but their only licsened to the UK.... how does THAT make any sense?

The same goes with the Graham Norton show its UK only as far as Im aware yet the episodes arent avaliable in my country when I click on them on youtube!?

Another thing that cracked me up is that on the Enchanted Illusions account I uploaded the audition video and when I went to view it on my own account it said it wasn't avaliable in my country... but I uploaded it from my country its not like one day I decided to go out of the country to upload a video >.>

So do you think youtube is taking the country restrications too far? and I think my above points are PROVE that they fail.

Last edited by RawrCarrotCake on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake
Enchanted Illusions Owner

Female Scorpio Horse

https://www.youtube.com/user/RawrCarrotCake

Back to top Go down

Country Restrications on Youtube going too far? Empty Re: Country Restrications on Youtube going too far?

Post by DarkGoddess485 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:31 am

Omg both of those situations are really epic fail...

They really are going to far. I can't see some videos of my favorite editors because it's restricted to their own countries. I'm really getting sick of youtube. And then causing us to have to create our own forum...And don't even get me started about the audioswap...

Youtube has gone down hill...
DarkGoddess485
DarkGoddess485
Enchanted Illusions Member

Female Taurus Rooster
Quote : "Sanity is Statistical"

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkGoddess485

Back to top Go down

Country Restrications on Youtube going too far? Empty Re: Country Restrications on Youtube going too far?

Post by ButterflyIllusioned Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 am

Most companies don't allow music to be viewed/listened to in the country of origin in fear of loss of sales (which is total crap, but whatever). Some companies even go as far as BLOCKING the original owners of the music from uploading. I know a few bands have posted "screw youtube" videos on their channels. I know Funimation got in a big fight with the company who owns the Full Metal Alchemist anime because their channel was blocked by Funimation for copyright infringement, DESPITE Funimation having NO right to do such a thing! US licencing does not give them the right.

I think this whole thing is stupid. Companies have yet to figure out the CD/Music business IS declining because of the economy, not because people are out there "stealing" music. Free promotion of videos, music and movies are what make fan products so great, yet the companies like to smash us down and accuse of us "ruining the industry". I believe I read one report that stated WMG taking their music off of youtube was equivalent to the kind of loss they would have taken if they took their music off the radio in the 70's-late 90's. It's STUPID.

I for one would NEVER buy a CD to begin with! Companies have to realize the people who "pirate" are actually people who wouldn't go out and buy the CD! I do happen to buy DVDs of movies i've seen on megaupload if I like the movie! One of my favorite movies, Iron Man, I would have never BOUGHT had I not seen it on Megaupload! I had no way of seeing it in the theaters and the trailer didn't in courage me to see it. I just happened to get bored one night and watch it... and I love it! I bought the collectors set for heaven's sake! I can name several american DVDs i've bought from seeing the "pirated" versions. And I KNOW I wouldn't be into anime if it wasn't for Napster back in the day!

And, if you upload the video, you can see the video despite the country you're actually in. However, if you log into another account, you won't be able to see it. I have this problem with a few of my accounts.
ButterflyIllusioned
ButterflyIllusioned
Enchanted Illusions Co-Owner

Female Virgo Dragon
Quote : "As I was lying awake on my bed last night, looking at the stars, I thought, 'Where the hell is the ceiling?"

https://www.youtube.com/ButterflyIllusioned

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrCarrotCake Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 pm

I saw on the news that youtube is taking off the whole muting videos thing and stuff... I couldn't hear it properly though due to my mum and dad being rude and talking (weirdly enough when its something THEY want to hear the room needs to be silent...)

But anyway another failure of youtube (think I might change this to youtubes failings) is this:

Your account is not in good standing.

You receive copyright strikes when we are notified by a third party that a video of yours infringes their copyright. Accumulation of three strikes may result in the termination of your account. Please visit our Copyright Tips page to learn about copyright. If there are any videos on your account for which you are not certain you have the necessary rights, please delete them now.

If you believe that a claim was made in error, you can also access references on fair use from the Copyright Tips page and find the instructions for submitting a counter-notification in our Help Centre.

The strikes that you have received are listed below. For your reference, a copy of each warning message has also been sent to the email associated with your account.
from 株式会社アートバンク about Who's The Best Anime Girl? (Round 1) *CLOSED* - RawrCarrotCake
Video ID: Hf_M310W6UA

Date Received: 10 April 2008

The video their claiming is infringing copyright has been deleted for about a year, if my account gets deleted over this I'm gonna be REALLY angry considering the video isn't even on my account anymore, it was deleted before it was even flagged for copyright.

What am I meant to do to get rid of this? Considering the video was long gone before this even appeared (I actually check my account standing last month, I check it every month and I was good.)
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake
Enchanted Illusions Owner

Female Scorpio Horse

https://www.youtube.com/user/RawrCarrotCake

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterflyIllusioned Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 am

I had two strikes against my account that "Mysteriously" disappeared, so maybe yours will too. It's stupid that you got that for something that wasn't even on your account. It's weird. o_0;

The person that copyright claimed your video was "株式会社アートバンク" or "Art Bank Corp.". From what I can see, they do stock images. If you used actual anime images, none of them should be part of their artwork since "stock art" can not be copyrighted. o_0?

I would dispute it not only because the video was deleted but also because the person who claimed it had NO RIGHT TO.
ButterflyIllusioned
ButterflyIllusioned
Enchanted Illusions Co-Owner

Female Virgo Dragon
Quote : "As I was lying awake on my bed last night, looking at the stars, I thought, 'Where the hell is the ceiling?"

https://www.youtube.com/ButterflyIllusioned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum