Enchanted Illusions Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Do For A Living?

+3
KLeenaGirl
DarkGoddess485
RawrCarrotCake
7 posters

Go down

What Do You Do For A Living? Empty What Do You Do For A Living?

Post by RawrCarrotCake Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:40 am

So what does everyone do? School? College? Uni? Work? Please tell!

Im currently unemployeed soon to be student (I start the 31st this month, can't wait) I am currently looking for part time work although it seems to be failing due to my college timetable, I'm in all mornings and most places only want people who can work in the mornings so I turned to my last hope: McDonalds! Theres nothing wrong with working in McDonalds I just don't like the smell, it makes me feel sick.

But since everywhere else refuses to hire me for some reason I turned to them, so Im waiting to hear back from them, if I get rejected I think I might cry. flower

Flower smiley is because I felt like it Very Happy
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake
Enchanted Illusions Owner

Female Scorpio Horse

https://www.youtube.com/user/RawrCarrotCake

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do For A Living? Empty Re: What Do You Do For A Living?

Post by DarkGoddess485 Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:02 pm

I know how you feel -.- I've applied pretty much everywhere but they are "all full"...

Ironically, the McDonalds near us is hiring too lol. Guess I should try there, though it wasn't really my first choice. But I guess I shouldn't be picky at a time like this Razz

Hope you like college, Rawr Smile
DarkGoddess485
DarkGoddess485
Enchanted Illusions Member

Female Taurus Rooster
Quote : "Sanity is Statistical"

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkGoddess485

Back to top Go down

Post by KLeenaGirl Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm still a student and I will be for the next years.
However, I work in a pharmacy store twice a week and it's so boring...but I need the money ^^
Last holidays I worked in a huge -dunno what it's called- meat factory. It was terrible, but that's how I can effort my school trip to Norway.

Oh my gosh! Our McDonalds is hiring too. But I'm not sure if working there is any better than at the pharmacy store. I think I'll stick to it.
KLeenaGirl
KLeenaGirl

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrCarrotCake Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:50 pm

DarkGoddess485 wrote:I know how you feel -.- I've applied pretty much everywhere but they are "all full"...

Ironically, the McDonalds near us is hiring too lol. Guess I should try there, though it wasn't really my first choice. But I guess I shouldn't be picky at a time like this Razz

Hope you like college, Rawr Smile

I hope I do aswell Razz Im actually just going to college to get my grades up so I can go to UNI next year.

KLeenaGirl wrote:I'm still a student and I will be for the next years.
However, I work in a pharmacy store twice a week and it's so boring...but I need the money ^^
Last holidays I worked in a huge -dunno what it's called- meat factory. It was terrible, but that's how I can effort my school trip to Norway.

Oh my gosh! Our McDonalds is hiring too. But I'm not sure if working there is any better than at the pharmacy store. I think I'll stick to it.

=O Your McDonalds aswell!?

A meat factory? What exactly did you do in the meat factory Shocked

Stick with your Pharmacy Razz
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake

Female Scorpio Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nejijiji99 Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:02 am

I'm an currently entering my 2nt year in High School.
So far, what I'm doing with my life: YouTube tongue
But, what I want to do with my life, is become a Vet~!
Nejijiji99
Nejijiji99

Female Aries Dog
Quote : Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

https://www.youtube.com/nejijiji99

Back to top Go down

Post by KLeenaGirl Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:21 am

[/quote] =O Your McDonalds aswell!?

A meat factory? What exactly did you do in the meat factory Shocked

Stick with your Pharmacy Razz[/quote]

McDonals seems to be recruiting xD

I was working 10 hours all day at a ropebelt conveyor and sorted meat out. Since then I'm a Vegetarian, so maybe it would be a bad idea anyway to work in Mc Donalds Smile
KLeenaGirl
KLeenaGirl

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess485 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Nejijiji99 wrote:I'm an currently entering my 2nt year in High School.

Really? Awesome! I'm studying to be a vet too lol Very Happy

KLeenaGirl wrote:I was working 10 hours all day at a ropebelt conveyor and sorted meat out. Since then I'm a Vegetarian, so maybe it would be a bad idea anyway to work in Mc Donalds

I don't blame you for becoming a vegetarian lol if I saw that much meat a day I'd do the same thing.
DarkGoddess485
DarkGoddess485

Female Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by AniMaya Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm entering my first year in high school, and I babysit some kids twice a week for my job. XD But overall I just stay home and laze around... *o*
AniMaya
AniMaya

Female Cancer Pig
Quote : .__. Wut? WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME YOU FREAK!???!??!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/user/sweet2210

Back to top Go down

Post by Nejijiji99 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 am

DarkGoddess485 wrote:
Nejijiji99 wrote:I'm an currently entering my 2nt year in High School.

Really? Awesome! I'm studying to be a vet too lol Very Happy

Yup^_^ and cool Very Happy
Nejijiji99
Nejijiji99

Female Aries Dog
Quote : Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

https://www.youtube.com/nejijiji99

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess485 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:33 am

AniMaya wrote:I'm entering my first year in high school, and I babysit some kids twice a week for my job. XD But overall I just stay home and laze around... *o*

Lazing around is such a fun thing to do lol. And hope you like high school Smile
DarkGoddess485
DarkGoddess485

Female Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by AniMaya Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:52 pm

DarkGoddess485 wrote:
AniMaya wrote:I'm entering my first year in high school, and I babysit some kids twice a week for my job. XD But overall I just stay home and laze around... *o*

Lazing around is such a fun thing to do lol. And hope you like high school Smile

XD I hope I like highschool too! ;D
AniMaya
AniMaya

Female Cancer Pig
Quote : .__. Wut? WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME YOU FREAK!???!??!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/user/sweet2210

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterflyIllusioned Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:03 am

I'm a Retail Worker. I work in Party City as a Lead Supervisor.
Nothing too special.. I make balloons and have to deal with evil children. xD

I also work with my father on as a Web designing side job. Although he's taken over most of it since he knows Flash and I don't. Flash is in demand. But, I still work on fixing/building computers for friends.

Trying to become a Page at the Library a couple days a week. I think it'd be relaxing and fun. ;D
ButterflyIllusioned
ButterflyIllusioned
Enchanted Illusions Co-Owner

Female Virgo Dragon
Quote : "As I was lying awake on my bed last night, looking at the stars, I thought, 'Where the hell is the ceiling?"

https://www.youtube.com/ButterflyIllusioned

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrCarrotCake Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm

ButterflyIllusioned wrote:I'm a Retail Worker. I work in Party City as a Lead Supervisor.

I also work with my father on as a Web designing side job. Although he's taken over most of it since he knows Flash and I don't. Flash is in demand. But, I still work on fixing/building computers for friends.

Trying to become a Page at the Library a couple days a week. I think it'd be relaxing and fun. ;D

You deal with children as a job? I honestly couldn't do that it might just be the kids where I live but I find the majority of children now adays are REALLY spoilt and get away with murder and half the time the parents just don't care enough to deal with the problems their children off, saying that I live where teen pregnancy is at the highest and same with drugs and that so the majority of people who are having children are either children themselves or too high to deal with them.
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake

Female Scorpio Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess485 Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:33 pm

RawrCarrotCake wrote:
ButterflyIllusioned wrote:I'm a Retail Worker. I work in Party City as a Lead Supervisor.

You deal with children as a job? I honestly couldn't do that it might just be the kids where I live but I find the majority of children now adays are REALLY spoilt and get away with murder and half the time the parents just don't care enough to deal with the problems their children off, saying that I live where teen pregnancy is at the highest and same with drugs and that so the majority of people who are having children are either children themselves or too high to deal with them.

It's a problem here too. Parents are getting lazy nowadays. They get whatever they want and it's really frustrating because they are going to suffer when they become adults and have to live on their own. The kids are the ones that will end up suffering the most. No
DarkGoddess485
DarkGoddess485

Female Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do For A Living? Empty YAY me Have no job!!!!

Post by AnimeFreak4580 Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 pm

I am going into my first year of middle school, the only job i've ever had was to post cars and motorhomes on craigslist... Though i did get 1 buck for each posting!!!! and it was a lot of posting!!! Very Happy
AnimeFreak4580
AnimeFreak4580

Female Aquarius Tiger
Quote : when life gives you lemons, make babies

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterflyIllusioned Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:21 am

RawrCarrotCake wrote:You deal with children as a job? I honestly couldn't do that it might just be the kids where I live but I find the majority of children now adays are REALLY spoilt and get away with murder and half the time the parents just don't care enough to deal with the problems their children off, saying that I live where teen pregnancy is at the highest and same with drugs and that so the majority of people who are having children are either children themselves or too high to deal with them.
It's not "my job" but it's part of my job. We sell Kid's Party Supplies and happen to be the only store in the Mall which has toys.

And, believe me, I know how horrible the parents are. They encourage the little brats to act worse. We caught two kids stealing (one was 11, one was 10) and the mother's excuse was "Well, they're just children". Yeah, because age really justifies thievery. Rolling Eyes
ButterflyIllusioned
ButterflyIllusioned
Enchanted Illusions Co-Owner

Female Virgo Dragon
Quote : "As I was lying awake on my bed last night, looking at the stars, I thought, 'Where the hell is the ceiling?"

https://www.youtube.com/ButterflyIllusioned

Back to top Go down

Post by RawrCarrotCake Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:27 am

ButterflyIllusioned wrote:
It's not "my job" but it's part of my job. We sell Kid's Party Supplies and happen to be the only store in the Mall which has toys.

And, believe me, I know how horrible the parents are. They encourage the little brats to act worse. We caught two kids stealing (one was 11, one was 10) and the mother's excuse was "Well, they're just children". Yeah, because age really justifies thievery. Rolling Eyes

Ugh I hate when they do that 'Its just because their younger.' or 'their only children they'll grow out of it'

I have a cousin named Shug who is UBERLY spoilt and when he was younger I saw all the signs of him turning out to be a little brat and when I got onto him for it my mum would ALWAYS say 'Leave him alone he's only young.'

Its gotten to the stage that when this child walks into my home I have to either sit in my room the whole time to make sure he steals nothing out of it or have my boyfriend do it. He seems to think any money, games, dvd's etc that are lying around are automatically for him.

He also has a habit of going about hitting people, okay I understand children go through this phase of hitting people but you just don't sit there and ALLOW it! His mother has honestly NEVER gotten onto him, I've never seem him in trouble no matter what he does.

He ended up in a fight with his neighbour and somehow it was all his sisters fault despite the fact his sister at the time had been sat in the house with me and their mum! He's totally mummy coddled, sure spoilt your children but don't spoil them to the stage where when they do something wrong you let them away with it.

I must admit with me being an only child I have been spoilt when I was younger but I know the difference between right and wrong because despite the fact my parents spoilt me they did get onto me when I did wrong.

Also since this topics kinda went off-topic I'm going to point out that being on-topic isn't really nessacary and straying off-topic is fine as I've noticed has happened in a few threads Razz
RawrCarrotCake
RawrCarrotCake

Female Scorpio Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum